Saturday, June 28, 2008

Vito's Worlds Best Spaghetti Sauce!!

Vito's Worlds best Spaghetti Sauce (Courtesy of Bill Nico)

This is the sauce that made Bill (Soup) Nico famous. I have been taking advantage of this genius for many years and although I always credit Zow with the know-how, it's given even my best friends the illusion that I can cook. Gather the ingredients, put on your favorite "Kiss The Cook" apron, open a bottle of red, turn on the game or your favorite tunage and call the neighbors over. You will be everyone's new best friend....



1 clove garlic (minced)
1 med onion (Chopped)

Pour about a 1/4 cup of olive oil in the bottom of a large stew pot and heat pretty hot. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are clear

Reduce heat & add:

4 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
1 28 oz can of tomatoe puree
4 bay leaves
3 T black pepper
1 T salt
1/3 cup of sugar
1 t garlic powder
1 small bunch FRESH chopped basil (1 T of dried)
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t oregano
1 cup or so of FRESH chopped parsley (stems and all)
A cup or 2 of cheap red wine

Slow cook for at least 3 hours. About 30 minutes prior to serving add an 8 ounce pkg of parmesan or romano cheese and stir well.

Add some Italian sausage links, meatballs, lamb chops (browned in garlic) or some browned up chicken breast or whatever meat you like and let stew while cooking.

This will feed at least 10 - 15 people. Sauce freezes well and makes easy-thaw last minute meals.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I am wondering if this is my brother Bill Nico and our dad's name was Vito that you got this recipe from I am looking for him and it sounds like my brother please email me at mnb6309@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I am Stupid